The mission of Avery YO! is to positively impact elementary and middle school students’ lives and their potential for success through a variety of activities and experiences.
Avery YO! is a quality after school program in a safe, drug-free, nurturing environment. The program is operated in Avery County Schools from 3:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, during the school year. The program is operated on a full-day schedule on teacher work-days, with the exception of snow days, and during the summer months.
For all you students…
First and foremost, Avery YO! is cool!
Youth Opportunities was created with you, the student, in mind. (Yes, we will do homework)
We will also do things like:
HOURS OF OPERATION
– Monday to Friday: From school dismissal ‘til 6pm
– Avery YO! follows the Avery County School Calendar and provides extended care on early dismissal days.
Check out our website for news and photos:
The program is available to all Avery County Students K-8.
Fees are based on a sliding scale depending on family size, income and academic eligibility. There are limited academic scholarships available.
– Avery Middle School
– Cranberry Middle School
– Banner Elk Elementary
– Crossnore Elementary
– Freedom Trail Elementary
– Newland Elementary
– Riverside Elementary
– Homework Assistance- Transportation
– A healthy snack everyday
– Enrichment activities & hands-on fun
– Field trips
– Free food Fridays for families desiring extra food for the weekend
– Games and activities through Survivor: The Ultimate Afterschool Adventure
– Specialized learning software
– Individualized goal setting focused on grades and social skills
Avery County YO! sites are staffed with teachers and mentors who meet state licensing requirements for the NC Child Development Division.
“We are all committed to teaching, nurturing and encouraging the whole student to grow in a safe, caring setting.”
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
Contact:Jennifer Woodruff Avery YO! Director 828.737.0057 firstname.lastname@example.org